Monday, October 3, 2011

Halloween Offerings, Number Two...

I apologize for the lateness of the post, but this Monday has been one of the longest weeks I've ever had. And since the internet is open 24 hours, I'm still on time.

One of the things I love about drawing is how something can turn out completely different than what you plan in your head; I love the organic flow as a picture tells you what it wants to be. When I put my pencil down to paper, sometimes I get exactly what I visualize, other times, it's a surprise even to me.

That's what happened here; this started out as a scarecrow, but ended up as everyone's favorite king of the vampires (the non-sparkly kind, thank you very much--that's for you, Nik ;)), Dracula:


I hope you enjoy this as much as I did drawing it. That's what it comes down to, ultimately--I love creating, and I love sharing those creations.

It's getting late, and I've been sitting at my mother's computer for over an hour now (I told you this thing is slow), so I'll sign off and hopefully see you on Wednesday!

Thanks,

Brad

2 comments:

  1. I love it & can't wait to see more. You are so talented. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I really like the vampire, I love the details in the moon. Very subtle, but still impressive. Good work.

    Also, it should (it really, really should) go without saying that vampires don't sparkle. Unless they're about to burst into flames I suppose...

    ReplyDelete